Monday, August 4, 2008

Fun in the Sun

So far my experience at home as been a great one. When I came home, one of the first things I noticed was across the street--one of our neighbors is growing corn. Random! It looks so out of place being in southern California. I just hope they got sweet corn and not feed corn.

Mostly I have been relaxing with my family and hanging out with the young single adults. They come over almost every night top play games or watch movies. It is a lot of fun. One funny experience is one of the YSA girls was challenged to watch all of the Star Wars movies and then one of the boys would watch all 5 1/2 hours of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. We ended up all watching the latter movie together all in one sitting. The next challenge is the girls watch all of the Lord of the Rings and the boys watch Anne of Green Gables. We'll see when that actually happens...

Last week I went to the last two days of girls camp where my mom, my brother's girlfriend Alejandra, and my sister were for the week. I helped my mom and Alejandra in the kitchen where we made some really good food. Unlike last year, there was enough and to spare! I am really glad I was able to go because I took part in a holding to the iron rod experience that the girls went through. I was one of the tempters when the rest of the YSA girls there were in the great and spacious building just above the trail. It was an amazing experience; I learned so much even though I was one of the tempters! The girls were blind folded and walked along a trail with a rope to hold on to. Leaders stood on the side to either tempt them or encourage them. Toward the end of the trail they could take off the blind folds and see the great and spacious building where the YSA girls were yelling and dancing and being crazy. At the end they were greeted by the stake president and young women's president at a brightly lit white tree with handouts hanging on them that they got later. It was amazing. Next year my sister Amanda gets her camp name so I hope that I will at least be able to go one day to see that. I am so excited for her! My camp name is Kaleidoscope. It was nice to go by that again.

On Saturday I went to Disneyland with my brothers, my future roommate Lynnae, and some friends from the YSA branch. We went to Club 33 and had the most delicious stake and desserts. Yummmy! This week one of my roommates, Susana, is coming to visit California for a couple of days just before I go to Nauvoo with my sister. I still can't believe I'm going back to Nauvoo, but I am very excited!

I wanted to put pictures in this post, but for some reason the blog won't upload them, so for now, look at my recent pictures link to see all of my pictures.

1 comment:

MacWizard said...

that's "steak" not "stake" that you ate at Club 33.