Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Cocktail

I realized yesterday morning how close I am to having a nervous breakdown. It's been a really rough year for me and I think my body and spirit have had enough. With so much weighing on me, it's no wonder that I've struggled being as happy as I usually am. After reading scriptures, my patriarchal blessing, and talking with friends, I've come up with things I can do to help my body, mind, and spirit become balanced, healthy, and happy again.

Basically, I'm just giving my body special treatment as it's been overloaded with stress and everything much more than it's been used to all my life. I'm waking up a little earlier to exercise for 10 minutes on the cardio machine my grandma has. I'm always exhausted after work so as much I aim to do something after, I never do it, so this is the best solution. With the help of a new friend of mine, I'm beginning to take what I'm now calling my Happy Cocktail. It is a bunch of vitamins: active B-vitamins, vitamin D, and folic acid. One of the vitamins I call the mega-vitamin because it is crazy what's in it, but my friend pretty much swears by it. They are all really good for the body and are supposed to help balance and produce those chemicals that make you happy. :) No anti-depressant for me! Haha. I am also going to start eating a homemade granola that is super super good for you and tastes good, too. I got that from my friend, too. He swears he hasn't been sick since 2008 when he started eating it. Most of the ingredients come from what we affectionately call the Hippie store, or Good Earth. Let's just say I really felt out of place there. It was kind of crazy even though it really wasn't that "hippie." I am also starting to use essential oils, specifically lavender. I may eventually use other ones, but I will start with that. My friend taught some of us how to make deodorant with essential oils in it and it's amazing how much even that has helped me to feel good. It has Melissa and grapefruit oil in it and they are both really good for you, especially Melissa.

I'm also going to continue sleeping 7-8 hours a night and taking time for myself. I've started reading a lot more again and I LOVE IT! I finished reading Ender's Game and now I'm reading Matched. I spent a bit too much money last weekend at Barnes and Noble getting the books I want to read. Oh well, as long as it makes me happy, right? I'm also loving watching some of my favorite TV Shows on Netflix. And when there is something going on, I do things with my friends. I have such great friends here.

Things are looking up again, so I am very grateful for my Happy Cocktail.

My split rock with a flower! Had one of these when I was younger and loved it. I have another one that is growing a pink flower.

That's in my mouth... my tooth implant.

Random bonfire in January

1 comment:

Savannah said...

Do you want some noni? ^_^

I'm SO glad you're a.) reading and b.) exercising. Those two things always seem to do the trick for me. Oh... and adequate sleep. I just plain can't function without it. :)

If you want to hang out... I'm definitely open. Ish. Well... open means "mentally" open to the idea. As far as scheduley open, that would have to be negotiated. ;)

Love you!