Thursday, June 7, 2012

Where Birds Still Sing at Midnight

I know I said this in my last post, but life is good, really good. On Monday I drove home for a surprise visit to my family, particularly my sister for her birthday. I've always wanted to do that and it was fun. It feels good to be home again and to be home longer than I normally am able to be.

I got my second installment of my bonus this week, so I finally purchased a new computer. My laptop has had at least 2 heart transplants and was on it's last leg, so after 6 years, I got a desktop computer. It's a Mac, of course. I'm loving it! It is SO much faster than my laptop and I can actually do more than one thing at a time without fearing something bad might happen. And, I can finally have all my music and pictures on my computer again rather than on an external drive. Best of all,  I finally have the new imovie that I can do slideshows and movies with. :)

I was originally thinking to also get a new TV with the bonus, but changed my mind to getting new clothes and other stuff that I've been needing. It's something I don't usually do, so it's kind of fun.

My little sis is having a birthday party tomorrow night and the house will be all decked out with blue and white for BYU. She's turning 18 and going to college! Man, so I feel old! But I'm very happy and excited for her.

I have a Taco Bell date with one of my brothers today and planning to go to the beach on Monday. Mostly, we are all just hanging out. Tonight we have our good friends the Hoyts coming to stay with us, so it will be a full house. I've been sleeping on the couch as it is, but not I'll be on a blowup mattress in my sister's room.

Something that I noticed and love about my house is that there are always birds singing outside, even after midnight. Seriously. The other day when I was talking to my family on the phone, I could hear the birds singing outside. It's awesome to be home and enjoy it in person. 








1 comment:

Luke and Tina said...

Im so glad I found your blog today. Hope you are doing well.