Friday, November 9, 2012

Seven Year Famine

Fall is finally here! This has been a long , hard year for me so it makes me happy to already see Christmas stuff up in stores. My roommate and I have already started listening to Christmas music occasionally. :) I'm actually thinking of starting to set up my Christmas village very soon, too, because I want to enjoy it as long as I can since I will be going home for the holidays. It will take some doing because my front room is so narrow and kind of small. I am determined to make it fit!

As you could see by all the pictures in my last post, I have been greatly blessed to move into a good ward with good people in it. I'm ward photographer, which so far is my most favorite calling I've ever had. I'm making a slideshow like I did for my roommates in college, but it will be even better! I have the new iMovie so I can do some really awesome things, so I'm super excited.

Sadly, this will be a short term calling because I was also asked to be the family history co-chair. No surprise there, really. I just can't do what I'd like to do for both callings, so I asked that after the slideshow I only have one calling.

The most exciting thing recently was being introduced to geocaching. I'd heard of it when I was in Pleasant Grove, but I had no idea what it was. A friend in the ward invited Amanda and I to go with him and we had a blast. She has gotten at least one date from that experience, with more to come, I'm sure. :) No dates for me in this ward as of yet. ;)

In other news, I realized yesterday that even though things have worked out so well for me to move here and everything, there is still more healing needed. Overall, I've been happy and only exhausted from work, but I've noticed little disappointments still push be over the edge and I struggle to get back up. Fortunately, I have the tools I need to get back up, but some days are still just hard, especially when I don't have the means financially to do some of the things that I know help me get out of my rut, like going to plays. What matters, though, is that I get back up and keep moving forward despite whatever thoughts come creeping into my head that could keep me down.

For Halloween Amanda joined me in going to my Nauvoo pageant friend's home to trick or treat and hand out candy with her kids. Afterwards we went to a stake dance, which was a lot if fun, of course.

These past two days I've had no work and it's been wonderful. Today is the first real snow and it feels good to be home, in my sweats, watching some TV shows.

Pictures of my recent adventures:

No comments: