Saturday, April 12, 2014

Yellow Looks Good

This weekend my ward stayed at a cabin in Heber that's owned by a member in the bishopric. It was awesome! I got to go snowmobiling on Friday night and then three more times today. I hadn't been snowmobiling in 9 years, so it was great! I just sat on the back and hung on for dear life, but on the last run I drove the snowmobile a little. It was less scary than I thought it would be. It was the perfect place to go snowmobiling, too. Huge open space with lots of hills and flat area to do lots of things. The scenery was beautiful. It was fun to hang out with friends in the ward and have little adventures with them. On the last run, the snow was getting really soft, so three of the five snowmobiles got stuck in the snow on a hill that wasn't really that steep. Every time I tried to take a step, my let went down into the snow up to my knee. Of all the trips, I chose that last one to not wear snow boots or snow pants. Awesome. At one point I basically face planted into the snow with all my limbs stuck deep into the snow. I couldn't stop laughing. It took a good 20 minutes or so to get the snowmobiles out and turned around. Not too long after that, a girl in the ward got stuck really good, but fortunately that time two other snowmobilers were there to help her out. I should have been nervous that we were stuck and all, but I had a great time laughing about it even when it was happening, soaked jeans and all. I am so glad we all made it back safe and sound.

On the way back to Provo, once I got cell reception again, I got a voicemail from a police officer. No one likes those messages. Before I heard what it was about, I racked my brain trying to figure out why in the world a Provo police officer would be calling me. My family is in CA and I wasn't in an accident or do anything bad.... I was shocked to hear that my car, which was parked in the church building parking lot, had been vandalized overnight. Of course, I thought the worst. I called the officer back and learned that my car had been hit by graffiti. She kept saying hit, so I had to ask if there was any other damage, but fortunately there wasn't. I was imagining red spray paint scribbles all over my car. There was another car also hit with the graffiti as well as a couple things in the church parking lot.

When I got to the parking lot, this is what I saw.
So, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The other guy's car only had it on two of his windows, not any where on his paint. There is also graffiti on the passenger side of the windshield. The officer told me that she knew of stuff that could take it off, so we went to Home Depot and got it. We then proceeded to spend over an hour getting it off my car. Awesome, right? I am just grateful that it wasn't worse because it really could have been worse. The graffiti came off, but I still filed an insurance claim just in case it really did damage the paint job.

I think my car has taken enough abuse for one week, what do you think?









No comments: