Saturday, March 28, 2015

Week 7: Beautiful Day

This week has been super stressful, so it was really nice to go for a long run today. I am so grateful for the early spring!! It's really helped as well. With the end of the school year fast approaching, I have to start thinking about end of school things I have to do, including performance evaluations, child assessments, and end of the year purchases. It seems like EVERYTHING has to be done before spring break, which is coming up in a week. Thank goodness! I need it. Even though it's stressful to get everything done, it will be nice to go on spring break knowing that it's all done. It will be really hard to come back to work on Monday, especially with this amazing spring weather! I want summer!! Fortunately, there will be only about 5 weeks left after spring break- all down hill from there.

Running this morning really made me want to just leave everything and go backpacking somewhere. The mountains are calling my name. I want to keep up my training, so it will be difficult to do anything besides run on the weekends until work is out for the summer. Although, I just might have to give into the temptation to hike some Saturday because I REALLY want to go hiking again and it's best to go with friends.

I got sick this week with the minor flu. I usually get sick around February or March, so it's so surprise that it happened, just annoying. It think the stress of work didn't help. Fortunately, despite not running a couple days this week, I was still able to run 7 miles today just fine. This week I ran to my church building and looped back. It was safer than last week's 7 mile adventure. 7 miles. It's still hard to believe I can run that without difficulty now. It's a little more than half the distance I will have to run in the half marathon in July. I know it's still far away, but I'm glad I'm training for it this way. Slow and steady wins the race!

Oh, and update on the dating online thing. I let my subscription expire. I didn't get anything from it except maybe a little more self-confidence and self-awareness. It wasn't all that bad. I feel like I can't complain about dating anymore though because meeting and getting to know people in person seems to be the better option for me. So many of my friends have recently started dating people that I can't help but wonder how they do it. Seriously, I haven't a clue. I've never really had a real dating relationship before, so it's a mysterious process to me. Sad, but true. I have to keep myself from being jealous and just keep putting myself out there as much as I can. My day will come. I haven't given up hope. Overall things are actually going really well for me right now, so I am happy. :)


No comments: