Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!

We had an earthquake today!! It was 3 miles SW of Chino Hills, CA, a 5.4 quake. It was a little scary just because I hadn't been in one in YEARS (1999), but overall I am fascinated with them. I was at home reading and watching my nephew when I heard the wall shaking as if there was construction going on, but I soon figured out what was happening. It was really strong at first, shaking back and forth and then it was rolling lightly. Here is the link to the official page with stats and other cool stuff.

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/index.html


Only other news is that my mom and sister are at girls camp this week and I am excited to join them later this week. I've had a lot of bonding time with my nephew, pictures of which I will post sometime soon.

No comments: