Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oscars Night!

This was the second annual Oscars Night in my ward and this year I was one of the two people in charge. I acted as the MC for night and collected all the movies to put onto a DVD. FHE groups and individuals made movies 5-7 mins long to be shown and voted on at Oscars Night. We had eight movies turned in this year, which is three more than last year. They were all very good so we had a lot of competition. We had some very close votes. Fortunately, the night went off without a hitch and everyone had a fun time. We had a red carpet and one paparazzi to take pictures of people as they came in. It was really fun dressing up and feeling really cute for the night. My only regret is that because I was the MC, I didn't get to dance or socialize as much as I would have liked, but I still had a really great time. I am very proud of myself that I wasn't stressing out trying to make sure things were going right and people were having fun. I was relaxed and able to enjoy it. I know it was Heavenly Father that made that possible because the few days prior to the night I was really stressing out about everything. Anyway, I think the besides the movies and the dancing, the highlight of the night was the really good food-taco salads and italian sodas. I didn't get to eat much of it because of all I had to do, but what I did eat was REALLY good. I will post more pictures as soon as I get all of the pictures from the paparazzi. Look at the photos link to see them! Enjoy!
 
  
  
  
For each movie that won an award, we gave them an Oscar, which was actually a random Christmas decoration from DI. This group won for the best movie overall. Theirs was a funny movie called Deb in Real Life. Deb is our Relief Society president and in the movie was was doing mean things to people and then doing a little dance after each one. It was really funny because it's not true.

I also made a pie on Friday in my food preparation class. It was apple and it was yummy!! I think there will be more pie making in the future. :)

3 comments:

MacWizard said...

Where's the movies? I want to see the movies.

Tamster said...

Me too!!! :-)

Sounds like a fun activity!

That pie looks REALLY GOOD!!! :-)

Tamster said...

I mean REALLY, REALLY GOOOOOOOD!!! You teaser, Michelle. I want some!!! :-)