Monday, March 21, 2011

The Final Countdown

Okay, I'm not really counting down unless you count me knowing that next Sunday is my last Sunday in the ward I've been in for 6 years. Yeah, that's a long time, but it was right and it has been awesome. I am grateful that yesterday at church I didn't feel as overwhelmed about the prospect of moving and leaving like I did the week before. I'm getting more excited to find out what my new adventure will entail.

I know that Heavenly Father has helped me a lot these past few weeks to prepare myself mentally and emotionally for the move, and I am very grateful for that. I'm also amazed at how much I've been able to get done prior to THE WEEK that I move (which is next week). At the end of February I printed out almost 300 pictures to scrapbook and I was able to finish scrapbooking them all a week ago! That is definitely the fasted I've scrapbooked anything before. Thank goodness for good movies to watch while doing that! I watched a lot of movies....

I also got help from guys in the ward to move the garbage from the basement and then to move the furniture into my new room. My room is all set up, now it's time to bring everything over and settle in. I love my new room! It's big, has a huge desk (that was my grandpa's), two bookselves, a queen size bed, and a big closet. The only down side is that it doesn't get warmer than 65 degrees. I am trying to fix that...

So, this week I'm moving a bunch of stuff, then next week I will take everything. I will then spend two days cleaning because it will be a really crazy check out, I'm sure. I'm excited about this weekend, my last weekend here in Provo. I'm going to the Festival of Colors again and then having J-Dawgs at the ward activity. YUM. And SHHHH... don't tell, but next week I'm kidnapping my two best friends for one last little shindig before I go. I am super excited to have it be just the three of us for a little while so we can have fun and remember all the fun we've had together. I'm glad that I will still be in UT and am not leaving them completely!

So all in all, I'm feeling wonderful.

2 comments:

Qait said...

I'm going to have that song stuck in my head, now, you know..."THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! BIDOO-DOO DOO, BIDOO-DIT-DIT-DOO..."

Savannah said...

Hmmmm... 65 degrees. That was my bedroom from the ages of 12-21. Actually, it ranged from 48-65, depending on the season. :)

I found that space heaters work wonders! I highly recommend one of those. Get a good one, though. Cheap ones can be a fire hazard.