Thursday, March 3, 2011

Progress and busyness

I just finished packing up my car full (well, mostly full) of stuff to take to DI tomorrow. Boy! That feels good! For the past several weeks (two nights a week) I've been going through my grandma's basement, sorting things to keep, take to DI, and throw in the trash. It's been really hard and a lot of work, but I've finished! Don't worry, I kept most everything and my grandma went through everything going to DI and to the trash, so my dad and his siblings can look through things whenever that time comes and can take claim on whatever they want. I organized the storage rooms and there is still lots of room, which is awesome!

Now, I have a very large pile of stuff to take to the trash. The Schoenfeld's offered their truck, which I am very grateful for. It will probably only take one load to take all the stuff to the dump or the dumpster at ST. Not sure ST will like that very much, though...

The next step after getting all the trash out is getting a dresser. Then I start moving stuff in!

Currently I am also trying to scrapbook everything from this past year. I want to get it done before I move out so I really can move forward emotionally. I should be able to do it, but I'm finding it hard time-wise to do it. Every night I have something it seems so that leaves Friday and Saturday nights and Sundays, but those days get filled sometimes, too. Since it's really important to me, I want to do better to make the time for it. :D

A quick thought before I end my 100th post... Recently I reread the book Leadership and Self-Deception. If you haven't read it, I recommend it highly. It reminded me how important it is to think of the people who surround me as people and not objects. I've realized this past week that I can be pretty selfish sometimes and not treat people as I should and that hurts not just others but myself, too. I'd forgotten some basic principles I promised myself I would live and it's affected so many of my relationships. Being busy and stressed is not an excuse. I hope they will forgive me and continue to be patient with me.
I'm a work in progress.

1 comment:

Qait said...

Congrats on the 100th post!
Something I used to do is imagine everyone with a sign that says "Make me feel special." Sounds dorky, but it's great. :) And I should try that again...