Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just Kidding!

First off, my grandma ended up NOT getting the pacemaker on Monday. They got her all prepped and then decided to check her blood. Her INR was at 7.6, which is incredibly high! That means her blood was super thin, too thin to do the procedure safely. The doctor said he would do it when it is at 2 or 2.5. We found out that she had been taking too much blood thinner medicine everyday. Good to find out before something bad happened! So, we are hoping to reschedule it in the next few weeks. My aunt and uncle are here helping to keep grandma company. They took her to Arches today.

Second, I got strep throat from one of my preschoolers. It come on suddenly Saturday night and I went to urgent care on Sunday morning. It was awful! I hadn't had it since I was little, so I didn't remember how painful it was. I got excused from work on Monday, so I relaxed and read Fablehaven all day and it was great. I went right back to work for an 11 hour day! It was really hard, but I made it though. I managed to get permission to make up for the hours I missed on Monday (since I don't have sick leave yet) and so yesterday was a 10 hour day and today and tomorrow will be 9.5 hour days. I feel better, mostly. It's just all really taking a toll on my body. I'm sore all over. It doesn't help that I feel like every aspect of my life right now is stressful. So, I'm taking the next couple evenings to relax again. I need it. Silencing the phone and going down stairs to lay on the bed and read and go to bed early. Sounds like the perfect prescription.

No comments: