Sunday, May 1, 2011

It was the best of times and it was the worst of times...

Why do we trust a groundhog to tell us how much longer winter will be? Just wondering because he was seriously wrong this year! Come on Spring! Come already!

With that said, overall things are going good. My grandma got her pacemaker this week and she is recovering well. Hopefully this week she will feel up to go on walks with me to get the exercise that she needs.

Today I was set apart as the Family Home Evening coordinator. Originally I was called just on the committee, but today when I went to be set apart, we talked about it and they decided to make me one of the ones in charge. No one on the committee seemed to know who is in charge or what is going on, so I took charge of FHE last week and with that showed that I pretty much was a coordinator and could really get the FHE in this ward going strong again. I hope to make things a bit more organized and better in the near future.

Life is extremely stressful right now. I'm really feeling the weight of the responsibility to take care of my grandma and everything that goes with living with her and on my own in the basement. In addition to that, trying to provide for myself and have the money I need to pay my bills this summer (including expenses of participating in the Nauvoo Pageant) is really hard on a small salary. I asked this week about applying to be a teacher next year. I hope that will help with the money, but it would be a great step in my profession. A federal review team is coming in a couple weeks to check out our program, and I am teaching that week, so I hope it all goes well and that I will still have a job next year. I won't if our program doesn't pass. I'm still not settled in the basement at all yet and I have lots of "chores" to do, but I haven't had the time or energy to do any of it. I was sick for a week and then I am usually so exhausted after work and have other pressing matters that I just don't get to it. I'm also trying to be involved in the ward and make friends. I have a calling now, so that's good. I've made quite a few friends and I'm excited about upcoming changes that will allow me to make more friends. I have a little more than a month left of work and then it's summer break!! I definitely need it! It will be nice to go hiking, do things with people, and have time to get my room/stuff settled down stairs.

All this may not sound all that stressful to you, but it is all together really overwhelming at times. Fortunately, this weekend I got to get away for a little bit by watching a friend's four kids for her and her husband while they went to a cabin for the weekend with their family. It was tiring, but I loved playing with them, watching movies, and most of all, using yarn to string up their basement like a huge spider's web. They loved it, too. I also took them on a treasure hunt and did make-overs with the girls. It was a great way to be a kid again.

1 comment:

Flamel said...

Keep it up, Michelle! We're all rooting for you!