Tuesday, August 9, 2011

And so it begins...

Today was my first day back to work after a very short, but eventful and enjoyable summer. I am still working as a preschool teacher, but this year I will be working in Pleasant Grove! I'm very excited to work at a new location with some really great teachers. These first few weeks are training. We have a new director who has made many really great changes to our program, but that means we have to be trained on all the changes. Although the changes are really great, I noticed about half way through the training today that my neck and shoulders are ALREADY tightening up. I love my job, but I realized today how much stress it gives me. I've come to ignore the stress and just work through it, but my body doesn't ignore it, ever. It just tightens up and causes neck pain and encourages stress eating. I gained a lot of weight while working here mainly because of stress eating, so it's my goal this year to not give into it like I have in the past. Instead I need to exercise and drink more water. I hope that solution helps!

But with all that said... anyone want to give me a free neck/shoulder massage?

1 comment:

Savannah said...

MEMEMEMEME!!! I'll give you a massage! You have to come get it, though, and maybe then we can form our own non-stress eating support group. :)