Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bless Your Soul!

I can actually hold a baseball bat right and hit and hit the ball! Who knew, right? I haven't hit a ball that good... ever! A friend actually complimented me and said that I was good and coordinated...that's the first time I've gotten that compliment. I've always struggled, especially with hitting a ball. Depth perception and coordination are usually my weak spots, but not today! My mommy would be proud!

So, about 14 or so fellow Nauvoo pageant-ians got together this afternoon to play baseball. The goal was to teach one of them who is from England how to play because she'd never played it before. Once we taught her, she said it was something similar to a game called Rounders that they have. So, maybe baseball isn't an American sport after all..... I had a lot of fun playing. We stopped for a rest at the seventh inning and ended up not playing again because we had fun visiting and sitting on the chigger-free grass! Yes! And the title "bless your soul," I'm not even sure where it came from, but pageant peoples were saying it a lot and it was awesome.

Now I'm off to visit my old stomping grounds in Provo with my previous roommates. They've finally got new couches and I have to check them out and approve of them, of course!

No comments: