Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reasons? Who needs 'em!

Yesterday morning I decided that I wanted to dress up to go to see the play My Fair Lady in West Valley City. I wasn't going with anyone, but I felt like I wanted to dress up for it. I didn't want to just look nice, I wanted to look and feel BEAUTIFUL for me and not for anyone else. So, I decided to wear my formal red dress that I bought for Oscars Night last year. Why not? I asked my friend Anna, who loves styling hair, if she'd like to do it for me. While she did it, I decided to ask her if she wanted to go to Olive Garden with me since I wanted to do more than go to the play by myself. I also asked one of my home teachers if he'd humor me by joining us in our spontaneous formal night. Besides, even though I was looking beautiful for myself, a part of me still wanted a guy to see it.

The night couldn't have been better. Considering it was gradually put together in one day, it was exactly how I wanted it and more. I went to the play and got many compliments on my dress and hair. I might have stood out like a sore thumb, but I didn't care. The show itself was really good. I was impressed with the stage and the costuming. The acting was really good, too. It wasn't until after the play the I heard back from my home teacher that he would join us. He was incredible. I didn't expect him to treat us girls like it really was a formal occasion by opening our doors to let us in AND out of the car, among other things. The servers were really fun, too. They kept asking us why we were all dressed up and they didn't believe us when we told them that we really didn't have reason except because I felt like it. I think we were the talk among the servers last night, which was kind of fun. The food was yummy and I really loved talking to my friends. It felt good to get to know them better and feel like I do have friends here who I can do random things like this with. Here are some pictures from last night and from some adventures from the past month or so:





Shooting with my ward for FHE. First time ever and it was a bit scary!



My classroom "Den" and tree that we made.


And, of course, just a few of the reasons why I teach preschool...



No comments: