Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tender Mercies

I finally made it home after a slight delay. The cover of my gas lid wouldn't open when I pulled the button, so I went to my reliable friends in Provo who pried it open for me-- meaning, he broke the lock so now it can just be opened. I am actually grateful he broke it...

By some miracle, or a dozen miracles I'd say, I was able to stay awake all through the night to make it home at 4 AM. By then I'd been awake almost 23 hours and I was struggling. I don't think I'll drive alone at night ever again like this, or at least night leave just before 9 PM. It was worth it though. Anything is worth it to spend time at home with my family. I love my family.

Yesterday we began decorating for Christmas. That's right, the day before Thanksgiving. We have lots of decorations and usually we get grumpy and really tired when we try to do it all on the day after Thanksgiving, so I am really grateful we started yesterday. It was nice to know we had plenty of time and could just enjoy it all. We put up the tree and decorated it and put up garland and other decorations in the kitchen and family room. I sorted through the ornaments and my mom sorted through the angels so I can take them back to UT with me to decorate my own place. We listened to Christmas music and I just loved every moment of it. It was also fun to see how excited Tyler was to do little things to help decorate. He is getting so big!

Phase 1 of decorating is complete. Phase 2 will be setting up the village. I am going to bring all my village houses to UT with me, so I will sort though them all. It will be interesting to see how much space I will have left in my car after I put them all in. Before starting Phase 2, my daddy and I must play pool. We set the village up on the ping pong table that goes on top of the pool table, so to get our games in, we will play today. I like my little pool games with my daddy.

Thanksgiving dinner we are going out to Home Town Buffet. Most people think that is really odd, but it's something that we've done many times since I was in high school or younger. We still do have it at home some years, but only when I or someone else requests it. Mostly it's because it's a hassle to cook and clean up after, so it's easier for my mom. Afterward, we are going to have a Harry Potter marathon.

Sometime this weekend I will also be helping Amanda put in her college application to BYU. So exciting!!

Now, to give thanks. I have so much to be grateful for this year. It has been a very challenging year for me, with a lot of growing up experiences. I am grateful that I moved into my grandma's basement- to have my own HUGE room and space to make the beginnings of my own home. I am also grateful for my friends. It was a really rough start, but there are a few individuals who have been there for me from the very beginning. I've also made many friends in the past couple months who have helped me in so many ways that I can't even begin to express enough gratitude for them. I am also grateful that I have a job I love that teaches me new things everyday about the kind of person I want to be and prepares me to be the kind of wife and mother I want to become. I am also very grateful for my family and the traditions we do together. I am grateful that they love me for who I am and are always there for me, supporting me in all that I do. It's just amazing to me to have a group of people who know me so well and they love me for everything that I am. They have helped me to become who I am and I am grateful for that, too.

Now, time to play some pool with my daddy!!

No comments: