Sunday, November 6, 2011

Friends

I realized something this past week that really made me happy- I have friends. Okay, I already knew I had friends, but I didn't realize until this week how many friends I have made here in PG. I didn't have work for most of this past week, so a few nights this week I was able to stay out a little later watching movies or just talking and laughing with my friends. Tonight at the CES fireside, I looked down the row where I was sitting and saw that my friends and I filled up the whole row plus some. It's amazing. I don't know most of them super well, but that is coming.

With that said, tonight I decided that I needed to change my birthday party plans. I was thinking to do a fancy dinner party with my china dishes and a small group of friends that have really helped me transition into living here. But now I'm thinking that will have to wait until another time. As I sat at the fireside surrounded by some of my new friends, I felt like I wanted them all to be invited to come if they want to. Why not? So, now I'm going to have cheesecake and martinelli's in my fancy glasses and a game night. I might even get some chocolate mint cookies and have hot chocolate if anyone wants it. It's simple and that's perfect for me.

I am just really grateful to have friends that I can laugh with, tease, and just have fun with. I've been missing that aspect of Provo since I got here and now it's finally starting to come.

Speaking of friends, a couple of my friends helped me unbury my Christmas tree and set it up as well as move some things around so I can set up my Christmas village. I'm so excited for Christmas. One of those friends is giving me a hard time about getting him into the Christmas spirit too early, but whatever.

For some reason, I just really needed to start Christmas a little earlier this year. I got most of my shopping done already and I am probably going to decorate my tree this week. I have to wait until I go home for Thanksgiving to get all my ornaments, angel collection, and Christmas village collection to set up. It just feels good to decorate and think about what I will do this Christmas season. I signed up to do Sub for Santa this year. It's similar to a family tradition my family had and so I thought it would be a good thing to start doing on my own until I have my own family. I'm excited to do things with my friends and go home!! It will be an awesome holiday season!

2 comments:

Flamel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flamel said...

I guess Facebook really has me addicted to likes, because I want to like this. Too bad Google+ hasn't incorporated blogger, because then I'd +1 it. Miss you!

Edit: there was a spelling error... Sorry!