Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Full Time Job!

About half an hour before going to work this morning, I got a phone call from Head Start asking if I would accept a full-time position in the Provo 2 classroom, which is a Homebase program. WOW! Yes!! I was only hesitant because this year with Patti, the teacher in my current class, has been so good for me. I've learned so much and have had so much fun. Patti is just amazing. She has so many great ideas and I already told her, even before being offered this position, that she would most likely become a sort of library person I go to for ideas and things. I will really miss working with her! But most of all, I will miss working with the kids. I love them to death and I am really sad that I won't be able to see them finish the year. Here are just some of the crazy cute kids I have:


Aren't they just adorable? Although I am really sad about leaving them, I am excited to gain some new experience doing Homebase. Homebase is where the kids come twice a week and the other days I go to their houses and do activities with them there. I don't know much more than that at this point, but this Thursday I will meet with the teacher and learn all about it since I will have to jump right in when I get back in January. I will be over 10 kids and be responsible for all the paperwork, just like the teacher is, so I wonder if this is a kind of test to see if I can eventually be a teacher?? Maybe... It will be different, but fun. I already know the other teacher and I'm sure it will be just as fun as being with Patti. 
The main reason why I am really excited about getting hired full time is that I will now have insurance and be on salary! That means I can afford to live! I can hopefully get my teeth fixed and really save money to replace my car and computer. But what I am really grateful for is that I will have enough money for sure to do the Nauvoo Pageant again if they decide that I am needed there again next summer. THAT is a great blessing.

So, tomorrow is my last day with the kids in Provo 7. I'm not teaching this week, so I can just play with them, which is great!

I'm leaving again for CA on Friday afternoon!!! I'll be home for Christmas!!!

No comments: