Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's a record!

I am officially finished with this semester's roommate slide show. When did I start it? TODAY! I've NEVER started and finished (meaning burned onto DVDs) the slide show in one day before. It only took me about 6 to 8 hours. That may seem like a long time to you, but it's really not, at least compared to how long it's taken me to make other slide shows. The great thing is that I think that it is just as good as other slide shows I've made. I think part of the reason why it took less time is because I thought of a "theme" for it at the beginning of the semester and a few weeks back I did some things that made it so today all I had to do was put it all together. The music was pretty straight forward as well, so it was awesome!

In other news... remember my bachelor button flower? I just about killed it over Thanksgiving vacation, but with a little miracle grow, there are now FOUR flower buds on it!!! I'm super excited to see them open up! One of my amaryllis flowers is growing really well while the other one is... well, not seeming to grow very much at all. I wonder if I rotted the roots or something. At least one of them is alive and well!!

I am also very grateful that I developed the habit of having and maintaining a savings account. This past week I've had use it (much to my dismay) but it has given me peace of mind to know that I have money in savings (and still have it) to draw on in desperate situations.

No comments: