Saturday, January 22, 2011

Misery Loves Company

Okay, okay! I finally asked a guy to the ward dance. I don't think I will regret it either. He's cute. :P

I realized last night that my desire to be alone, cuddled up in my covers watching movies was a symptom of a big problem: I need people. I'm mentally exhausted pretty much everyday after work and I have lots of things on my mind to do for work and figuring out life in the real world. With assessments going on at work and everything else going on in my life, it just feels good to escape the world by watching a movie or reading a good book. That's good, and I really do need that sometimes, but what I think I neglected to remember is that I have friends who care about me and want to help me or be with me. I also am happier when I am involved with other people and serving others. Maybe they don't need me as much as I need them, but I have disconnected myself from them too much and too soon. I need to just talk and have fun and build relationships with people. Isn't that what's most important in life, anyway?

There is just so much going on! I can't get into it all, but one thing is that I learned this week that my family is basically having a make-over of the house done because of a really bad leak that turned into a flood when the plumber didn't repair it correctly. This week they are pretty much living at my brother's because the whole house is covered in plastic while they make the repairs and figure out how much damage the water really caused. It's a blessing in disguise because it will help my parents out financially, but at the same time, it's probably pretty annoying and frustrating.

It's amazing how just realizing what my problem was has made a difference in one day. I already feel a bit better. I'm grateful that I got to take my roommate Lynnae to the store and then to her friend's house. It was great to spend time with her. It also helped that I got the courage to ask a boy on a date and he said yes. I was so nervous... and I'm positive he knew it, too. :D

I'm not so miserable, thanks to company. Life is wonderful.

No comments: