Sunday, September 11, 2011

Home Teachers!

FINALLY, after being in my ward for 6 months, I got home teachers!! I can't count how many times I've needed my home teachers these past 6 months and haven't had anyone reliable to call on. I've missed having them, partly because there is a sense of security I feel knowing that priesthood holders are watching out for me and are there for me when I need them. It's especially important to me now that I am living where it's just me and my grandma with few visitors most of the time. I'm hoping having home teachers will also help me get to know more people in the ward.

Work is still stressful. I'm not going to get into all of it, but it's been a really rough week and just thinking about it makes me feel anxious. It's not the kids, they are as cute as can be. It's all the other stuff. It's not coworkers either. Thankfully I work with some really great women. I'm hoping that things will settle down in a month or so as I get used to how things have to be. I feel like I'm learning a whole new position with all the changes that are happening. So much of it I can't change and so I don't think it's good for me to complain about it in specifics, but instead humble myself and do what I have to do. It doesn't help at all when coworkers complain to me about it all though. It makes it even harder for me to be positive and just do it.

I've been thinking and learning a lot about humility lately. I have so much to learn and I am grateful for the learning experiences I'm having to help me learn more and more about it even though it does make life seem a little bit harder.

Something that really helped me today was lots of time to study in the scriptures this morning and then going to the CES fireside tonight. Sis. Oaks, Elder Oaks' wife, spoke first and said exactly what I needed to hear right now. She helped the Spirit confirm to me that I am on the right track, doing exactly what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. He knows my needs and desires and what I'm going through perfectly. I'm grateful for her inspired words to remind me of somethings that give me encouragement to keep up doing what I'm doing.

No comments: