Monday, June 1, 2015

Kelly's Take Vegas

On Saturday we drove our cars, so we didn’t have to walk as much, but it
was still a lot of walking. We went to the Las Vegas sign and then we
tried to find a free aquarium for Tyler to see animals, but the one we
went to wasn’t free, so we didn’t go. I think I just got the hotel
wrong. We didn’t want to be driving back and forth to see things either.
But at that hotel there was a really cool waterfall in front! We then
went to the Venetian to go to where Cake Boss’ Carlos has a bakery. We
got some treats there and it was super yummy. We rode a short tram and
then walked a little around Treasure Island before splitting up. Tyler
wanted to have “family swim time,” so they went back and did that while
me, Ryan, Dad, and Mom went to the Luxor to see the Body World and
Titanic Exhibits. It was expensive, but absolutely worth it! Seeing real
human bodies seems like it would be weird or gross, but they did it
tastefully and I loved it. I learned a lot. I think my favorite part of
the exhibit was the part where it has real fetuses at the different
stages of life. As sensitive and sad it is to think about it, it was
really interesting to see what a fetus really looks like at those
different weeks. They grow so fast!! The Titanic exhibit was really
cool, too. We each got names of actually passengers and at the end we
found out that all of us survived except for Dad, who was a third class
person. The exhibit had parts that replicated the actual ship and it was
really impressive. At then end they had a huge piece of the actual
Titanic that they’d brought out of the ocean. It made everything else
seem so real. On Saturday night, Ryan and I went to the Penn &
Teller magic show. It was really fun. We’d seen many of their tricks
before, but it was cool to see them in person.

Sunday morning we
cleaned up the place and then Mom, Ryan and I played a quick game of
Ticket to Ride. I won by a lot. haha. We all left by 11 am. Overall, it was a fantastic weekend with my family! I miss them already!

Here is the video of Day 2.

No comments: