Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cup Overflowing

I am feeling very grateful and indebted to my Heavenly Father right now. My cup of blessings is truly overflowing. I was thinking about possibly buying a new camera before going to Nauvoo, so after doing some research, I decided that it would probably be a good idea to look at my money situation to see if I can actually afford such an expense. After estimating the remaining cost of the Nauvoo Pageant as well as my car payment, car insurance, and other expenses that I know of, plus some extra, I realized that I would still have half of the money that I have currently after all is said and done. I was dumbfounded... and greatly humbled. To think that I spent all my savings on my new car's down payment last December and since then have not been able to put much back into my savings, it's incredible! I can list some of the blessings that I received that made that possible, but I will just say that I KNOW that God provides the way when it seems impossible, especially when what we are doing or desire to do is a righteous desire or for our good. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven." (Praise to the Man, Hymns 27)

Here is a song that sums up some of the thoughts and feelings I'm having:

My Shepherd will supply my need:
Jehovah is His Name;
In pastures fresh He makes me feed,
Beside the living stream.
He brings my wandering spirit back
When I forsake His ways,
And leads me, for His mercy's sake,
In paths of truth and grace.

When I walk through the shades of death
His presence is my stay;
One word of His supporting grace
Drives all my fears away.
His hand, in sight of all my foes,
Doth still my table spread;
My cup with blessings overflows,
His oil anoints my head.

The sure provisions of my God
Attend me all my days;
O may Thy house be my abode,
And all my work be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
While others go and come;
No more a stranger, nor a guest,
But like a child at home.




P.S. Even though I probably can afford one, I'm not getting the new camera yet. I have a feeling I may need that money for something else or something better. We shall see...

1 comment:

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

Love those song lyrics. :) I've listened to that song so many times but never knew what it was saying! I'm so glad to hear that you've been so blessed. :)