Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why am I Cleaning?

Why am I cleaning when I am about to leave for two weeks? Well, the only reason I can think of is that it feels good. Another reason may be because when I get back from UT, my parents and little sister will be visiting. Funny how when my other two siblings came, I didn't care what it looked like, but I do care when my parents are coming! Part of it, too, is that I finally feel financially secure enough to make the basement look a little more homey. I FINALLY hug up pictures in my room and that was a great improvement! (And, FYI, I also got a new camera). With the help of Kevin and Alejandra, I finally got stuff so I can hang towels in the bathroom and not have to reach back to get the toilet paper (because who wants to do that?). I guess it comes down to that I want everything to look nice, whether or not my parents are coming. Maybe it will show them that I really am a big girl and can take care of my own place, not that they don't already know that. It makes me feel like this is really becoming my home. It just feels good, really good.

So, tomorrow is the day to get everything together and packed. Tomorrow night I will be set apart by the bishop as "a special representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for the duration of the pageant." I'm staying with a friend in Provo tomorrow night and she will take me very early in the morning to catch the train to Nauvoo. I leave about 4:35 AM on Friday and I have a "lay-over of sorts in Galesburg, IL. From there I will got to Ft. Madison, IA where someone will pick me up. I won't arrive in Nauvoo until about 7:15 PM on SATURDAY. Yeah, that is a VERY long train ride, but I'm excited for it all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I helped! It wasn't that bad looking in the basement. You will just make it look better.