Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WOW

I just ordered a starter kit to plant this flower. It's a Red Lion Amaryllis. This is one of  my favorite flowers and I've been wanting to plant a bulb flower for a while now, so I just decided to go ahead and get it. I'm super excited! I planted some Bachelor Buttons a couple months ago and it surprisingly is growing really well. It even has a small bulb. I don't know if it will actually flower, but it's still exciting!

The other WOW for tonight was getting a phone call that threw me completely off guard. After getting some ice cream with friends I went back to my apartment. One of my guy friends who was there called me to ask me if we were just friends because that is what he wants it to be. He sensed the little bit of competition between me and another girl and he wanted to make sure we were on the same page. First of all, WOW because yes, there was a little bit of competition, but it wasn't that bad. At least it wasn't nearly as competitive feeling as other situations I've been in. I really wasn't trying very hard or feeling that bad about it. It just WOWs me that he picked up on it and that he would call me to ask me about it right away. I guess it just confirms to me that people, particularly guys, can read me like a book. That is a little scary, and a little embarrassing, but I'm trying to get over that and be more open to everyone, particularly guys. If they can read me like a book anyway, it doesn't really matter, right?

Lucky for me, I am interested in more than one guy at this moment so having one guy want to be just friends isn't really a big deal. I'm still just WOWed by what happened tonight because it was so unexpected.

The good news is that someday a guy that reads my open book won't want to put it down. :D

No comments: