Thursday, July 29, 2010

Diamond Fork Hot Springs

My roommates, friends, and I went on this beautiful hike in Spanish Fork. My mom and sister Amanda, and her friend Emily are in town, so Amanda and Emily came with us, and that was a lot of fun. The hot springs are BEAUTIFUL! I had so much fun putting my head through a hole in a rock to go through the waterfall and then swimming around in the natural hot tubs.

As we hiked up, I noticed that the water changed a different color. It looked kind of misty or foggy. As we got to the hot springs, I learned that it was whatever is in the hot springs that made it that way. The interesting thing, though, is that there was red water and blue water. The red water was really hot and the blue water was usually warm or cool. The waterfall was cool water, but directly below it and to the right was really hot water because that is where the head of the hot springs is. On the left side it was cool water. We got there fairly late, so the light was not good for pictures, but they are still pretty good so you can get an idea of the beauty of this place.

Word of caution if you ever decide to visit here: People do skinny dip. Fortunately for us, the people there at the same time as us had a little bit of decency, but some in the group did have some extra unwanted scenery. I didn't, so I am glad about that!







 In the picture below you can see the red and blue water.
Above is the head of the hot springs. It just bubbles out. It is very hot water!

No comments: