Saturday, July 3, 2010

Return to Nauvoo

Yep, that's right! Tomorrow I am leaving for Nauvoo!! I can hardly believe that I am going back! I am very excited to be a part of the pageant and work with the kids and their families that are in the show. I'm all packed except for the little things that have to wait until right before I leave. This last Tuesday I was set apart as a member of the Nauvoo Pageant and special representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints... that means I'm a missionary... finally!! Most of my missionary experiences will be as I do the puppet show before the pageant starts and talk with audience members after the show. I will try to take pictures on my phone and send them to people and put them on my blog. I am staying with a friend I met when I did the Semester at Nauvoo program, so I might be able to use her computer to send updates and pictures. Right now I know that I am in the Anna Fordham district. She is the wife of Elijah Fordham who was had his arm miraculously healed, if I remember right, which led to their family's conversion.
If you want to write to me while I am in Nauvoo, you could send it either of the following addresses:
Michelle Kelly
c/o Nauvoo Pageant
P.O Box 267
Nauvoo, IL 62354-0267

or

Michelle Kelly
1885 Young St.
Nauvoo, IL 62354

You could also do email, but I don't know how much access, or time for that matter, I will have to respond. With my new phone, I can read your messages, I just don't know yet if I can respond on it.

For the Fourth, I will be flying, so today feels more like the holiday than tomorrow will. I will be seeing a really special show that the core cast of the pageant puts on in the evening only once a summer in Nauvoo, so that will be awesome to be there in time to see that. It's called "Our Story Goes On." Today Stephanie Barron and I are going to a place called Cascade Springs. It is a boardwalk around lots of pretty waterfalls and streams. After that we will get pizza, play games with friends, then watch the Stadium of Fire show from up on the hill above my apartment complex. It is the best view of it, I think. I'm pretty excited!

No comments: