Sunday, July 4, 2010

Entry One of the Diary of the Pageant Princess

I arrived in the beautiful city of Nauvoo at 5 pm this evening. I still can't believe I am here, but I am loving it already. I am staying with a friend who I met when I did the Semester at Nauvoo program. She was actually my visiting teacher. :) Tonight we went to a show put on the core cast of the pageant called "Our Story Goes On." It was AWESOME! It was a story of the journal of life, from birth to old age. The lesson of the show was to enjoy every moment of life, don't be afraid of the future or ambitious about the past. Life continues on, we can learn from our parents because they have experienced the same things that we have or will. Families are forever and love is the greatest thing we can possess.

Before the show I was run down (almost literally) by two sister missionaries- namely Sister Westwood and Sister Miles. It was so fun to reunite with them. I am excited to see them and work with them for the next two weeks.

Tomorrow morning starts my orientation and training. I will be at the junior high school, which is just five miles down the road from where I am at. I'm not sure what my schedule is yet except that where ever the cast is, I will be there to do things with the kids.

No comments: