Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Full of Thanks

I am very grateful that I got to go home for Thanksgiving and that my roommates could come with me.

I am grateful that my car's throttle cord broke the night before I left rather than while on the trip and that it got fixed for a lot less than it could have been and a lot sooner.

I am grateful that I beat the huge snow storm, although it didn't ever hit Provo, it kind of jumped over it.

I am grateful that my family has fun simply by playing games and visiting with each other. We don't have to schedule everything to have fun.

Along with that, I am grateful that I have "dates" with each of my siblings and my dad. Some aren't set in stone as to what we do, but I LOVE the one-on-one time with each of them.

I am grateful that I arranged for my siblings, roommates, and I to go to Club 33 at Disneyland. I had butternut squash bisque, Lamb, and a fancy apple cobbler. My taste buds were in heaven!!!

I am grateful for the jungle cruise ride at Disneyland and my brothers who like to say the punchlines before the cast member can. It definitely drives some of them nuts! INDEED!!

I am grateful that my little bro Ryan served an honorable full-time mission for the church and that he is home now.

I am grateful that I was there to hear Ryan speak in church and talk about the really great missionary experiences he had and the things he learned. He has matured so much and I love him all the more!

I am grateful for Kelly Rummy and that even a rabbit named Jackie Chan likes to play it.

I am grateful for my nephew Tyler Kelly. One of my favorite moments this week was when Amanda, Ryan, and I locked his arms and legs down so we could tickle him. We tricked him to say "go" after he told us to "stop" so we could keep tickling him. The best part was when Amanda trapped him in her arms and he said, "I love you Amanda" to be released, then in turn, Ryan and I did the same thing so he would say "I love you Ryan,"  "I love you Michelle." We did it repeatedly around and around until at one point when Amanda had him trapped again, he started to say "I love you..." but he had to look up to see who was holding him before he could say, "I love you Amanda." It was the funniest thing ever.

I am grateful that my car could get fixed after the check engine light went on half way to CA. As a result, it runs so much better than it did before. It really needed a tune up!

I am grateful that on our return trip, we didn't slide off the road or flip over like some other cars we saw.

I am grateful that my amaryllis flowers didn't die and that I might be able to save my bachelor button flower. :D That's what I get for leaving it for a week without watering it.

I am grateful for Brian Jackson's homemade eggnog.

I am grateful that I got to set up my Christmas village this year because normally I'm not home to do it. My roommate Stephanie helped and so did my roommate Lynnae's little bro Brian.

I am grateful Ryan continued the tradition of putting random toys in my village and making up stories for them. It makes me happy.

Oh, and best of all... I'm grateful that Steven doesn't do drugs, although, he was pretty funny on Thanksgiving day on codine.

Alright, so here are some pictures that I am sure you are dying to see.


Amanda and I

My roommates: Lynnae, Stephanie, Savannah, and Me

Ryan and I... and Yoda.

Ryan, Amanda, Me, and Steven in line for Tower of Terror

Jungle Cruise with my brothers... the best!

Everyone who went to Club 33!

My Siblings and I at Club 33 thanks to my uncle LR!

Butternut squash bisque. It's like a thick soup that tastes like pumpkin. Appetizer at Club 33

Lamb... Mmmmm My Entree at Club 33.

My dessert at Club 33, a fancy apple cobbler.

Amanda and Emily

My Christmas village

Ryan said this was a thief breaking into a house through the chimney and a cop catching him.

Jackie Chan playing Rummy.

1 comment:

Linze Kate said...

Jungle Cruise = BEST RIDE EVER! Haha... My brother and I loved going and beating the workers to the punch-line too! :)

Love it. *muah*