Saturday, November 6, 2010

Testimony

I have been so full of gratitude and joy this past week that I can't begin to tell anyone how grateful I am that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that it is the only true church on the earth. I know that because I have studied the scriptures and the words of its leaders and prayed about them for myself. The holy ghost has borne witness to my heart and mind that it is true. I know that this church is led by a living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I love him. He is the greatest example of Christlike service and love that I know of. I know that Joseph Smith, Jr. is a prophet and that through him, God restored the true church on the earth and restored God's power and authority once, the priesthood, once again.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is another testament of Jesus Christ and confirms and expounds on those things we are taught from the Bible. I love reading it because I feel the spirit of peace and love and understanding of my eternal purpose as I do. It testifies of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and teaches plainly who I am, why I am here, and where I am going. If you haven't already read it, or if you don't already have a testimony of your own, read it and pray about it. God will let you know what you need to know.

I know that God hears and answers my prayers and that He knows and loves me personally. Everyday I am striving to improve my relationship with Him so that I can be more like Him. I know that a fullness of joy is only possible to have when I am obedient and striving my best to be like Christ through giving of myself to serve others.

I LOVE being a member of this church. There is so much about it that gives me great peace and happiness that I can't even begin to tell anyone. I think one of those things is that I know that my family and I can be together forever because of the temple. I also think it is because of the great support system I feel as I can go anywhere in the world and know that I can find people who believe and worship as I do and if I needed anything, they would help me. I have amazing friends and church leaders who help me and continue to teach me more about how to live and be more like the Savior. I am blessed with good health and many other things because I live the word of wisdom. I am also
blessed with many opportunities to serve and grow.

I know that I am a child of God and that He loves me.

No comments: