Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Movies, Flowers, and Teddybears

I was up until 3 AM this morning working on two movies that I edited for my ward's Oscars Night this coming Friday. I am super excited for Oscars! I am positive that my FHE group's movie will win something. As for the other movie I edited, it's cool. I had fun editing it because I got to try some new effects that I've never done before. It definitely could win something, too, although my favorite is still my group's video.

This is the first ward Oscars where I am not in charge or doing something to collect the movies or make the DVD for the night. I was in charge of the night for the last two years. I finished editing the movies this morning before work. My FHE group already had a pre-screening of our movie on Monday and the other group will see their's tomorrow night. I love seeing the reactions of people to the movies/slideshows I make, so I'm excited to go to the pre-screening even if it isn't my group's movie.

Today I received my Amaryllis flower planting kit in the mail. I was super excited to plant it because it is such a beautiful flower. A couple minutes after planting it, I got knock-knock ditched. When I opened the door, I saw on the porch a bag with my name on it. I had no idea what it was, but when I opened it, I saw another Amaryllis flower planting kit!!! I thought it was ironic to get it right after I planted the one I ordered online. I know who gave it to me because the only person I talked to about wanting that was a girl in my ward who is really into gardening. It was really nice of her to buy it for me. It definitely made my day.

The other thing that made me smile today was the boy who really loved my teddy bear when I brought it to class the other day. Almost all day, he asked the teacher where "baby bear" was and he kept looking for it all over the classroom. I tried telling him it was at my house, but he only understands Portuguese. :D Fortunately for him, this week at school we are talking about bears and tomorrow we are having a teddy bear picnic and I will bring "baby bear" or Belle back to school.

No comments: