Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day of Rest

I'm sitting in Hotel Nauvoo now in the dark dining area with elevator music going on. Not going to lie, it was a bit creepy for the first 7 minutes being here because not a soul was down here. Very creepy. Now there is a man at the front desk working. So, I had to change places where I am staying because my cousin and Aunt who I was staying with were with the Red Cast so they left today. I'm sad about that only because it means I won't be in the condos anymore. I really liked them. I loved being in the same place my district family was staying and also where all the core cast are staying. It really helped me to get to know them all better this past week. This afternoon when I was dropped off after church to check in here and I went to my room, I suddenly felt so lonely and a little depressed. I had no plans for today, it was super hot and humid outside and I didn't know where to find any other cast members around to do something with and chances are I couldn't get a hold of them even if I could because the cell reception is lousy (except for verizon).

Fortunately, I did get Conner's number and when the reception let him get my text, I was able to get a hold of Br. House to meet up with him. That was also important because I forgot my food in their car and I was starving! I am grateful I could spend the afternoon/evening with them. We drove around Nauvoo flats and walked a little too. We then went to the school for dinner and then headed for Keokuk, Iowa for the core cast's performance of Our Story Goes On. I've seen it before, but I absolutely love it! They do such a great job and the message of the show is so touching. I love watching the core-cast, on and off stage. They are each amazing individuals with such great talents on stage but also in communicating with others in such a way that makes you feel good about yourself and excited for the gospel. I want to be like them when I grow up. :D

Last night's performance when well. I got two referrals and talked to people, but it wasn't my best night. I'm super excited for tomorrow! We will rehearse the whole thing in the morning and do a dress rehearsal tomorrow night and then that's it! We are not the experts and the Yellow Cast is watching us to know what to do next week. Crazy. This pageant is really a miracle how it all is put together. It's amazing and I love it!

I just posted pictures from this week: gallery.me.com/shell_belle

No comments: