Friday, July 15, 2011

Two More Nights!

It's hard to believe that I'm going home on Sunday. I'm trying not to think about it, but it's good that I am. I have learned many great things that will guide me in my future service in the pageant and in the church. I know I didn't write yesterday and that is because I needed a nap badly. The performance the night before was good. I felt only okay about it, but all the comments said that it was better than the night before. I didn't get any referrals that night but I talked to some interesting people.

Last night though... I felt like the show went amazingly. I forgot myself and gave of myself all that I could and it felt great. I know that last sentence probably doesn't make much sense, but it's the best way to describe what has to happen so that I perform and be what I need to be in order to really get the message across to the audience and fellow cast members. Forgetting myself is forgetting my worries and weaknesses and other stuff that comes with performing or relating to other people. Giving of myself is doing my very best and a little more to really put myself and all my talents, etc, into everything I'm doing, remembering that I don't have to be perfect. The show goes by so fast, especially when I feel like it's going well. I'm always more excited than nervous to go on stage and when it's all done, I always wish I could do something more.

Last night was Nauvoo Appreciation Night, so earlier in the day, the director and the president of the pageant both spoke on a radio station about the pageant and invited people to come. I spoke to a grandmother and her family who live in Quincy that heard that show and came. They are nonmembers. The grandma had been trying to look us up recently and had been waiting to hear something about us and then that morning she was listening to the radio and decided to come. I told her the church's real name and talked to her about the pageant and invited her to have a CD of the pageant. She didn't want it right then, but I could tell that she was interested in learning more about the church at her own pace. I brought over the newspaper that summarizes some of the things we believe that are taught in the pageant and her eyes got really big and excited. She and her family are Catholic and it just so happened that a Catholic priest gave the opening prayer that night. Kind of cool. I hope that she WILL "look us up" like she said she would, but who knows. I talked to another nonmember family from Keokuk. They weren't as open and also didn't want the CD, but it was nice to talk to them.

Time to go to the cast talent show!

2 comments:

Savannah said...

You're almost done already??? But... but... it seems like you just got there!

So, Provo temple is closed. We should do a session together somewhere else when you get back. :)

Savannah said...

Oh, and you'd better have a video of yourself in the pageant. I want to see!