Monday, July 18, 2011

Farewell Nauvoo

Goodbyes are always hard, but it's softened with the feeling that I will be back again sometime in the future. The last performance went well and just like I thought it would, really fast. I loved every minute of it. In the evening dance I got so excited that I raised my arm to do the highland fling too early, but I smiled and kept it raised until everyone else did it, too. I laughed about it because I knew what the director would say... I was going with how I was feeling and I was feeling really excited to do that part! He would have said it was still perfect. The best part about that is I got it on video to remember forever. I had a few good conversations and I got four referrals that night. I also finally thought of people I could refer, so I gave five referrals myself, for a total of nine.

After the performance and some missionary work, we all gathered to the stage for closing remarks and cast prayer. I will really miss the families and individuals I met this year. They were all amazing. I will post my remaining pictures soon on my gallery and facebook for all to enjoy.

Overall, I feel like I accomplished what I was sent to accomplish going to Nauvoo this time. I helped the people in the cast that needed me even though most of the time I didn't know I was helping them like I was. I feel like they were helping me more than anything!

I left Nauvoo after church and a couple last hours with the House family. I loved every minute of it. I then went with the Rose family to Burlington, IA for the train. It came 3 hours late and we've lost another 3 hours. I'm not really worried about it though because I don't have anything to go to that is time dependent like there was when I was going to Nauvoo. Hopefully my parents won't complain too much about picking me up at the train station in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday. :D

Good news is that I surprisingly got some sleep on the train. Not much, but enough that I'm not as tired as I was yesterday.

No comments: