Monday, July 4, 2011

Picture Perfect

Guess what? I can now post from the condo I'm staying at, so there will be more frequent posts on here. First of all, I'm sure you've all been dying to see pictures, so click on the link below to see all the pictures I've taken. Check back every so often to see more as I post them.

gallery.me.com/shell_belle

In the next half an hour I'll be going to meet with my district. This afternoon we had a little free time so I actually already met the family that is in my district. It is the House family. There are three boys and one girl and they are all pretty cool. All the kids' names start with "C"-Christian, Conner, Cresten (or something like that), and Callie. I talked with Sis. House, Sis. Rose and another woman from Canada for a while before and during dinner while the older teenagers and men learned how to put up and down the buildings and the temple on stage. I really enjoyed it. At the district meeting tonight I will learn what parts I'm playing on stage, so I'm excited about that. After that the Red Cast will do a dress rehearsal and we will go on for the finale, although not dressed in costume. Some people come to watch the pageant tonight, so I'm excited to start talking to people.

I learned today that the reason why we have bagpipers on the pageant grounds is because it contributes to the Scottish theme of the pageant. There is a story in the pageant about a Scottish immigrant who learns about the church and eventually joins it. The bagpipes are to help draw things together and prepare people for that part of the pageant. Interesting.

No comments: