Monday, July 4, 2011

Success!

Some of you who are not facebook friends with me may be wondering why I haven't posted anything on here since I arrived in Nauvoo. It turns out that the condos where I am staying is having problems with their server blocking random sites... my blog included. Google is also blocked. Anyway, so I've been posting updates in facebook in my notes. I haven't posted pictures yet, but I may do that tonight.

Today is the first day meeting everyone in the Blue Cast. Blue cast is everyone that will be here for the next two weeks. The first week is full of rehearsing and working the preshow fair and then second week we will perform. The opening night of pageant is tomorrow night! I'm very excited. Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to Carthage with the Rose family. I posted my feelings about it on facebook, so check it out there.

Something else I was thinking a lot about yesterday is my being set a part as a special representative of the church for the duration of the pageant. When I was set a part, the bishop specifically said he gave me the authority that comes with my calling. In Preach My Gospel chapter one there is a section that talks about the power and authority given to missionaries and how that is a great part of my success. I am grateful for that blessing and I've already felt it's power since I've been here.

Today we just had our getting to know you activities as a cast. We played team building games and learned a dance and it was a lot of fun. We got the basic introduction to what we will be doing, although we will be doing more of that later this afternoon. Because I did it last year, it's all a review to me, so that's nice.

The best part of this morning was getting my costume!! I am in the Hyrum Smith district and my color is blue. I will meet the rest of my district later this afternoon. My dress is all one piece, which isn't common because usually it's two pieces attached at the waist with velcro. I have two dresses, a dark and light, to wear and change in the middle of the pageant. I also got a bonnet and a shawl to wear. I don't know what parts I will be in yet. I will learn that later today. Tonight we will have a rehearsal then tomorrow is the big day!

I'm staying in the Nauvoo Condos this week and next week I will be in Hotel Nauvoo.I'm staying with my cousin and great aunt who are in the Red Cast doing family support, which is what I did last year.

No comments: