Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Home at Last

By the end of my train ride, I was kind of wishing that I could have just apparated home, or at least said, "Accio Broom" and flown home. I got home 7 1/2 hours late. The main reason is because there is lots of freight traffic on the rails and they get first priority. They also had lightening strike a sensor that required precaution until they knew that is what happened. A part of the rail was misaligned, so they stopped us so they could fix that, too. It wasn't terrible, but because it is incredibly hard to sleep on the train without a nice pillow and blanket, it felt really long. I just needed to be more prepared with stuff to do on the way home especially. Overall, I'm just glad to be home.

Right now the thing on my mind the most right now is all those who are still doing the pageant. I know they still need my prayers and the prayers of others as they rehearse and perform these next two weeks. The heat and humidity are bad, but tiredness from long days on top of it make it worse. I know the Lord sustained me while I was there, but they can use all the help they can get. There are still many people who need to hear the message and testimony of the pageant and it's cast members.

Now my parents and little sister are here visiting as my sister has volleyball camp at BYU. I'm excited to spend time with them and especially excited to watch the last Harry Potter movie with them!

No comments: